ABOUT OLD MUTUAL
Our Group was established in Cape Town in 1845 as South Africa’s first mutual life insurance company, offering financial security in uncertain times.
Our purpose is to help our customers thrive by enabling them to achieve their lifetime financial goals, while investing their funds in ways that will create a positive future for them, their families, their communities and broader society.
In this way, we significantly contribute to improving the lives of our customers and their communities while ensuring a sustainable future for our business.
We now employ more than 28 000 people and operate in 17 countries across three regions:
- Africa (South Africa, Namibia, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Kenya, Malawi, Tanzania, Nigeria, Ghana, Uganda, Rwanda, South Sudan and eSwatini)
- Asia (China)
- Latin America (Colombia, Mexico and Uruguay) - the sale of these businesses was announced in March 2018, pending regulatory approval.
WHAT WE DO
We provide financial solutions to individuals, small and medium-sized businesses, corporates and institutions across several market segments and geographies in South Africa, the Rest of Africa and certain other emerging markets.
Innovative life assurance based product solutions, addressing both protection and savings needs, as well as short term insurance solutions through Old Mutual Insure.
Growing our customers’ savings and wealth, whether through active and direct asset management through the Old Mutual Investment Group or the selection of funds for customers to invest in through multi-managers.
Offerings include policy backed lending, unsecured lending and debt consolidation (My Money Plan) predominantly aimed at the mass market.
OUR VISION AND STRATEGYTo be our customers’ most trusted partner and passionate about helping them achieve their lifetime financial goals.
Responding to our customers’ needs, we are building a long-term savings, protection, investment and lending group by leveraging the strength of our people and capabilities in South Africa and around the world. We will focus, drive and optimise our businesses to enhance value for customers, shareholders and the communities we serve.
Our strategic priorities
- Defend SA market share in Mass and Corporate markets
- Defend and grow in the SA Personal Finance market
- Improve the competitiveness of Wealth and Investments
- Continued turnaround of Old Mutual Insure
- Turnaround East African business and improve returns across Rest of Africa
- Win the war for talent
- Refresh the technology offering
- Cost efficiency leadership.
For more information, please visit the Old Mutual Limited site, www.oldmutual.com.